By : MCMC Network Security Centre
Advisory 1: Cyber Attack Campaign – 30 August 2019
• Websites, online services, and network infrastructure.
• MCMC received information on possible cyber attack campaign from
Indonesia on Malaysian websites, online services, and network
• The attack may include but not limited to distribute denial of services
(ddos) attack, denial of service (dos) attack, web defacement, intrusion, or
malicious software attack.
• The attack campaign is expected to begin on Friday, 30th August 2019 at
8:00pm; but sporadic attacks may also be launched much sooner than the
• Check for security patches for all critical asset. Ensure critical assets are
updated with the latest security patches.
• Beware of any suspicious email, especially those containing links and
• Monitor anomalous activates on the network, and mitigate accordingly.
• Ensure Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware facilities are optimally functioning,
• Review your user credentials list for new or unknown users.
• If you suspected that your servers have been compromised, reset all
usernames and passwords.
• Monitor, and where applicable restrict access to ports except those that
should publicly be available. Give extra attention to port 3389 (RDP). Port
5900 (VNC) and Port 22 (SSH) for any suspicious connection.
• Regularly visit password dump sites such as “pastebin” to check whether
your organization’s credentials have been exposed.
• Perform hardening on all internet or public facing applications.
• Report any incidents, attacks, or suspicious activities observed to MCMC
Network Security Centre.
MCMC Network Security Centre,
Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission,
MCMC Tower 1,
Jalan Impact, Cyber 6,
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 03 8688 8303
Fax: 03 8688 1018
Incident Report: email@example.com
Phishing Report: firstname.lastname@example.org